Advanced Engineering Mathematics provides comprehensive and contemporary coverage of key mathematical ideas, techniques, and their widespread applications, for students majoring in engineering, computer science, mathematics, and physics. Using a wide range of examples throughout the book, Jeffrey illustrates how to construct simple mathematical models, how to apply mathematical reasoning to select a particular solution from a range of possible alternatives, and how to determine which solution has physical significance. Jeffrey includes material that is not found in works of a similar nature, such as the use of the matrix exponential when solving systems of ordinary differential equations. The text provides many detailed, worked examples following the introduction of each new idea, and large problem sets provide both routine practice and, in many cases, greater challenge and insight for students. Most chapters end with a set of computer projects that require the use of any CAS (such as Maple or Mathematica) that reinforce ideas and provide insight into more advanced problems. A Student Solutions Manual is also available.
* Comprehensive coverage of frequently used integrals, functions, and fundamental mathematical results
* Contents selected and organized to suit the needs of students, scientists, and engineers
* Contains tables of Laplace and Fourier transform pairs
* New section on numerical approximation
* New section on the z-transform
* Easy reference system